Terms and Conditions
Please take few minutes to familiarise yourself with our general trading terms and conditions
Application and entire agreement
- 1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the provision of the services detailed in our quotation (Services) by Hyde Park Cars Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under number 3408715 whose registered office is at 16 Hogarth Place, London SW5 5QT (we or us) to the person buying the services (you).
- 2. You are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions when you accept our quotation or from the date of any performance of the Services (whichever happens earlier) and these Terms and Conditions and our quotation (the Contract) are the entire agreement between us.
- 3. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on our behalf. These Conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- 4. A “business day” means any day other than a Monday to Sunday or bank holiday.
- 5. The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
- 6. Words imparting the singular number shall include the plural and vice-versa.
- 7. We warrant that we will use reasonable care and skill in our performance of the Services which will comply with the quotation, including any specification in all material respects. We can make any changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement, and we will notify you if this is necessary.
- 8. We will use our reasonable endeavours to complete the performance of the Services within the time agreed or as set out in the quotation; however, time shall not be of the essence in the performance of our obligations.
- 9. All of these Terms and Conditions apply to the supply of any goods as well as Services unless we specify otherwise.
- 10. You must obtain any permissions, consents, licences or otherwise that we need and must give us with access to any and all relevant information, materials, properties and any other matters which we need to provide the Services.
- 11. If you do not comply with clause 10, we can terminate the Services.
- 12. We are not liable for any delay or failure to provide the Services if this is caused by your failure to comply with the provisions of this section (Your obligations).
- 13. The fees (Fees) for the Services are set out in the quotation and are on a time and materials basis.
- 14. Cancellation 24 hours prior to dispatch will be no charge.
- 15.any booking cancelled after dispatch full charge will apply.
- 16. The Fees are exclusive of VAT all invoices will apply 20% VAT on total figure.
Cancellation and amendment
- 17. We can withdraw, cancel or amend a quotation if it has not been accepted by you, or if the Services have not started, within a period of 24 hours prior to dispatch, (unless the quotation has been withdrawn)within time limit.
- 18. Either we or you can cancel an order for any reason prior to your acceptance (or rejection) of the quotation.
- 19. If you want to amend any details of the Services you must tell us in writing as soon as possible. We will use reasonable endeavours to make any required changes and additional costs will be included in the Fees and invoiced to you.
- 20. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, including those set out in the clause below (Circumstances beyond a party’s control), we have to make any change in the Services or how they are provided, we will notify you immediately. We will use reasonable endeavours to keep any such changes to a minimum.
- 21. We will invoice you for payment of the Fees either:
- a. when we have completed the Services; or
- b. on the invoice dates set out in the quotation.
- 22. You must pay the Fees due within 30 days of the date of our invoice or otherwise in accordance with any credit terms agreed between us.
- 23. Time for payment shall be of the essence of the Contract.
- 24. Without limiting any other right or remedy we have for statutory interest, if you do not pay within the period set out above, we will charge you interest at the rate of 4% per month until payment is received in full.
- 25. All payments must be made in British Pounds unless otherwise agreed in writing between us.
Sub-Contracting and assignment
- 26. We can at any time assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of our rights under these Terms and Conditions and can subcontract or delegate in any manner any or all of our obligations to any third party (coaches,wedding cars).
- 27. You must not, without our prior written consent, assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- 28. We can terminate the provision of the Services immediately if you:
- a. commit a material breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions; or
- b. fail to make pay any amount due under the Contract on the due date for payment; or
- c. are or become or, in our reasonable opinion, are about to become, the subject of a bankruptcy order or take advantage of any other statutory provision for the relief of insolvent debtor; or
- d. enter into a voluntary arrangement under Part 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986, or any other scheme or arrangement is made with its creditors; or
- e. convene any meeting of your creditors, enter into voluntary or compulsory liquidation, have a receiver, manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed in respect of your assets or undertakings or any part of them, any documents are filed with the court for the appointment of an administrator in respect of you, notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given by you or any of your directors or by a qualifying floating charge holder (as defined in para. 14 of Schedule B1 of the Insolvency Act 1986), a resolution is passed or petition presented to any court for your winding up or for the granting of an administration order in respect of you, or any proceedings are commenced relating to your insolvency or possible insolvency.
Cancellation of contract by you
- 29. If you are ordering services from us, you may cancel the order by notifying us up to the time that the vehicle has been dispatched from the local operating base, without charge.
- 30. When cancellations are made after the vehicle has been dispatched from the operating base, the following cancellation charges apply:
- a. Point to point or airport or rail station transfers – Full charge
- b. Hourly services “as directed by the client” – Minimum charge of 2 hours
Responsibility for delays
- 31. We will make every effort to ensure that the service is provided on time, but we will not accept liability for failure to deliver the service at the stated time. Where the delay in providing the service is caused by events beyond the control of our chauffeurs and staff
- 32. We reserve all copyright and any other intellectual property rights which may subsist in any goods supplied in connection with the provision of the Services. We reserve the right to take any appropriate action to restrain or prevent the infringement of such intellectual property rights.
Liability and indemnity
- 33. Our liability under these Terms and Conditions, and in breach of statutory duty, and in tort or misrepresentation or otherwise, shall be limited as set out in this clause.
- 34. The total amount of our liability is limited to the total amount of Fees payable by you under the Contract.
- 35. We are not liable (whether caused by our employees, agents or otherwise) in connection with our provision of the Services or the performance of any of our other obligations under these Terms and Conditions or the quotation for:
- a. any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, or expenses or;
- b. any loss of profits; loss of anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of data; loss of reputation or goodwill; business interruption; or, other third party claims; or
- c. any failure to perform any of our obligations if such delay or failure is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control; or
- d. any losses caused directly or indirectly by any failure or your breach in relation to your obligations; or
- e. any losses arising directly or indirectly from the choice of Services and how they will meet your requirements or your use of the Services or any goods supplied in connection with the Services.
- 36. You must indemnify us against all damages, costs, claims and expenses suffered by us arising from any loss or damage to any equipment (including that belonging to third parties) caused by you or your agents or employees.
- 37. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matters for which it would be unlawful to exclude or limit liability.
Circumstances beyond a party’s control
- 38. Neither of us is liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, Internet Service Provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question. If the delay continues for a period of 90 days, either of us may terminate or cancel the Services to be carried out under these Terms and Conditions.
- 39. All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be in writing and signed by, or on behalf of, the party giving notice (or a duly authorised officer of that party).
- 40. Notices shall be deemed to have been duly given:
- a. when delivered, if delivered by courier or other messenger (including registered mail) during the normal business hours of the recipient;
- b. when sent, if transmitted by fax or email and a successful transmission report or return receipt is generated;
- c. on the fifth business day following mailing, if mailed by national ordinary mail; or
- d. on the tenth business day following mailing, if mailed by airmail.
- 41. All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be addressed to the most recent address, email address or fax number notified to the other party.
- 42. No delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy nor stop further exercise of any other right, or remedy.
- 43. If one or more of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that / those provisions will be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions (which will remain valid and enforceable)
Law and jurisdiction
- 44. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted according to English law. All disputes arising under these Terms and Conditions are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 46. We are very proud of our high standards of customer service. However, in the event that we fail in meeting these standards, please do not hesitate to write to us at the address in the contact details as above or by email email@example.com